This layer provides that evaluation board is mounted ARM SoCs of Renesas Electronics, called the R-Car Generation 2. Currently, this supports board and the SoCs of the following:
- Board: lager / SoC: R8A7790 (R-Car H2)
- Board: koelsch / SoC: R8A7791 (R-Car M2-W)
- Board: gose / SoC: R8A7793 (R-Car M2-N)
- Board: alt / SoC: R8A7794 (R-Car E2)
Please see the MAINTAINERS file for who to submit patches to.
This layer depends on:
URI: git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky layers: meta, meta-yocto, meta-yocto-bsp branch: master URI: git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-renesas layers: renesas branch: master
The following instructions require a Poky installation (or equivalent).
Initialize a build using the ‘oe-init-build-env’ script in Poky. Once initialized configure bblayers.conf by adding the meta-renesas and meta-rcar-gen2 layer. e.g.:
BBLAYERS ?= " \ <path to layer>/poky/meta \ <path to layer>/poky/meta-yocto \ <path to layer>/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \ <path to layer>/meta-renesas \ <path to layer>/meta-renesas/meta-rcar-gen2 \ "
To build a specific target BSP configure the associated machine in local.conf:
MACHINE ?= "<supported board name>"
Build the target file system image using bitbake:
$ bitbake core-image-minimal
Once complete the images for the target machine will be available in the output
* uImage (Linux Kernel binary, in u-boot wrapped format)
* uImage+dtb (Linux Kernel binary with DTB, in u-boot wrapped format)
* zImage (Linux Kernel binary)
* zImage+dtb (Linux Kernel binary with DTB)